Thursday 27 September 2012

In The Beginning...

Hey everyone,

So today is the day that i've decided to start properly blogging without any of this tumblr rubbish.

Being 5ft9 at the age of 15, I quickly gave up any plans about being a fashionista. This resulted in me becoming a tom-boy, with make-up as  a no go area and a sound understanding of the offside rule in football.

At the age of 16 (and 6ft1),  I became aware of websites like http://www.longtallsally.com/ and http://www.tallgirls.co.uk/ which allowed me to buy shoes and clothing that were feminine and specially designed for tall women.It was then that I realised a career in fashion would be possible.

I was originally going to study Sports Biomedicine at Dundee University but after a gap year, my plans changed, and it was then that I moved to Aberdeen to study (BA) Fashion Management at Robert Gordon University. I have just enrolled into my 2nd year and loving every moment of it!

With blogging becoming a huge influence in fashion trends, I've decided to make an attempt of it myself, and will look at what the magazines are classing as trends and compare them to what is actually happening on the streets and in blogs.

Regan x

No comments:

Post a Comment